Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Life's Challanges

Right before I graduated from high school in 2006, I thought I had my life perfectly planned out. I was going to go to either a Cal State or a big university, I was going to live on campus far away from my demanding parents, and I knew what I was going to do with the rest of my life.

Wrong.

Life couldn't have been more complicated. Once you leave the safety of being a high school student and move on to being an adult, its a whole new world out there. You become overwhelmed with responsibilities. Bills, jobs, school, just being an "adult" was a challenge for me. I was bouncing in and out of a community college, surrounded by people who had no goal, and a lack of faith in myself and what I was doing. I was also bouncing from one friends house to another, being estranged from my family and I had no goal for my future.

I can proudly say that I have goals, that I'm at a new college where people are trying to do something with their life, surrounded by wonderful friends. I'm a budding photographer and I'm not going to let anyone take that away from me, not even my demanding parents.

I'm in love, I'm ready to speak out and take on my responsibilities, and I'm ready to become the woman I've always wanted to be.


No comments: