Sunday, March 9, 2008

Stay Focused and Reach

It can be really difficult for me to stay focused on what I'm suppose to be doing. When your in college, you don't have someone to make sure your doing your homework or going to class. That responsibility is left up to you and so that means that you also have to deal with the consequences. Sometimes I wonder what I would be doing if I wasnt going to school. Would I have a goal? Would I have the courage to pursue it?

Not to say that school is everything, but it will definitely give you an advantage in whatever it is your trying to do with your life. And if your not going to school, then it can be even harder to stay focused on your goals, whatever they may be. In your eyes, they may seem even farther to reach. You need to prepare yourself for the the challenges that you will face.

My dream is to become a photographer, and one day, that dream WILL become a reality. But I have to focus and make sure I'm doing what I need to do in order to reach that goal. We should always think like this in everything we pursue in our lives. No one is going to hand us opportunities. We need to get out there and find it ourselves.

Another thing that is helpful, is having some kind of support system. Be it family, friends, people on myspace, fellow bloggers. My parents aren't always supportive in the things that I do. They don't want me to become a photographer. They want me to be something more safe, like a teacher. But I have to remember that this is my life, not theirs, and that I am the one who will have to live with the decisions that I make. I have to take control.

Stay focused, take control of your life, and have confidence that you WILL succeed.


No comments: